Construction Timeline Looking Good!
October 13, 2016 Buildings and Grounds Committee Meeting:Marotta/Main Architects presented slides demonstrating the status of construction. Highlights included:
October 12, 2015 Special Board Meeting:
- Many workers are presently on site
- The metal roof installation is well underway
- Framing for the stair tower is complete
- Most of the brickwork is completed
- Most of the windows are installed
- Site conditioning is started
- Painting and casework have begun
Approval for Intent for Award of Bid for East Vincent Elementary School Facility Improvement Project
- Award of bid for General Construction to E.R. Stuebner, 227 Blair Avenue, Reading, PA 19601 with a base bid of $14,581,000 minus the recommended alternate to omit the resinous floor in mechanical and custodial rooms with a value of ($40,000) for a final recommended value for General Construction Contract of $14,541,000.
- Award of bid for Mechanical/HVAC Construction to MidState Mechanical Electrical, 121 West Church Street, Dillsburg, PA 17019 with a base bid value for HVAC Construction Contract of $4,498,000.
- Award of bid for Plumbing & Fire Protection Construction to Apex Mechanical, Inc., 625 Earp Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147 with a base bid value for Plumbing Construction Contract of $1,549,000.
- Award of bid for Electrical, Data, and Security Construction to Philips Brothers, 235 Sweet Spring Road, Glenmoore, PA 19343 with a base bid of $2,299,500 plus the recommended alternate to include power and lighting to the site sign with a value of $11,500 for a final recommended value for Electrical Construction Contract of $2,311,000.