Science Research Project
SAVE THE DATE!!
East Vincent Science Fair
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
(snow date Thursday, January 12)
My project is approved…now what do I do?
- Research information about your project and any related topics that will help you make an informed hypothesis.
- What is a hypothesis – a prediction as to what you think the outcome of your experiment will be – usually written as an “if...then…because” statement.
- Write a bibliography of sources used.
- Determine what you need to control during the experiment and what will be changing – these are the variables.
- Write a list of materials that you need for your experiment.
- Write a detailed procedure for how to perform your experiment.
Complete official science fair forms.
Form 1 – Checklist for Adult Sponsor
Form 1A – Student Checklist
Form 1B – Approval Form (complete item #1 only)
- A copy of your Research Plan must be included with your official forms.
Research Plan must include:
- Question you are investigating
- Materials List
- Bibliography - you can use this website to help write your bibliography
Place return completed forms to Mrs. Barlow or Mrs. Kraft.
Special forms may be needed depending on thet type of project.
Here’s a great site to make graphs and charts of the data you collect