August, 2018 (sent home in back to school packet)
Dear Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s),
As the beginning of the school year quickly approaches, we want to extend a warm welcome back to school and back to the café! Owen J Roberts School District Food Services and Chartwells K12 are eager to welcome you and your student back to the school café! New flavors, events, and food and wellness education are sure to inspire a healthy and fun 2018-2019 school year!
Chartwells K12 chefs and dietitians have been hard at work testing and developing fresh, new menus for the coming school year that include a wide variety of healthy and delicious options. These menus were created using student input from surveys, tastings and everyday conversations, as well as local food trends, flavors and produce. Infusing fresh and local flavors into the school menu is a priority for our chefs, and we are proud to support local farmers and companies, bringing students the freshest possible produce while supporting the District. A wide variety of exciting meal entrees with appropriate sides and milk, as well as various snack and a la carte items will be available. School menus, including nutrition and allergen information, are available via Nutrislice by visiting www.ojrsd.nutrislice.com or by downloading the Free Nutrislice App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
A meal consists of five (5) meal program components: a meat/protein, a bread/starch, a vegetable, a fruit and a milk. A student must take at least three (3) different components, one (1) must be a fruit or vegetable, in order to purchase a meal. If fewer than three (3) components are chosen a la carte pricing must be charged. Regardless of meal eligibility status (paid/free/reduced), all additional meals on the same day will be sold at a la carte prices. The 2018-19 meal prices are:
- Our POS System & Software provides complete confidentiality for all students’ meal status, whether paid, free or reduced.
- Students are issued a Personal Identification Number (PIN) by the School District.
- The PIN must be used for all cafeteria POS transactions, including Cash Sales.
- Student accounts are set up as an Open Account (unrestricted purchases). If you wish, you may set your student’s accounts as Meals Only (no a la carte purchases) or May Not Charge (student would need money on account or cash to make purchases). Please contact the Food Service Office to have these changes made.
- Students are able to purchase or charge a reimbursable meal at each breakfast and lunch. No student will ever be denied a reimbursable meal.
- A la carte items are not sold or charged if a student has insufficient funds to cover the cost of the items they wish to purchase.
- Please refer to the OJRSD Cafeteria Charge Policy for further information on Charging Meals.
- Daily cash sales are accepted. Accounts may be funded by cash, check, money order or SchoolPay (via Credit Card).
- Participation in the debit system via SchoolPay is optional. Instructions for setting up SchoolPay account(s) is on the District Website.
- Payments made via SchoolPay may take up to one (1) hour to show in our POS.
- Auto-replenishment or e-mail notifications for a low-balance threshold (designated by the parent) can be set up in SchoolPay.
- Purchase history by student is available on SchoolPay.
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to: OJRSD Food Service.
- Checks returned by the bank will be charged-back in full, plus any applicable fees, to the student’s account.
- Food Services reserves the right to insist upon cash or money order payments after a maximum of three (3) returned checks on any student’s account.
- POS Balances are transferred to students’ accounts throughout the District in each successive year.
- No cash refunds are issued to students at any time. Check refunds will be issued to parents, upon requests. Please email, Stephanie Shoemaker at email@example.com.
- Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who qualify. To apply please complete an application by visiting schoolcafe.com or obtain a paper application from the school office(s).
All information regarding Food Services at Owen J Roberts School District can be located on the District website. The direct link is https://www.ojrsd.com/foodservice.
We are looking forward to an exciting new year!
District Director of Dining Services
This information is brought to you by Department of Education through Chartwells at Owen J Roberts School District.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.