CLICK HERE for more information on homework.During reading, we will continue to analyze the lessons stories teach. We will make comparisons among stories as week take a deep look at story elements.Word study: The next sort will be introduced on Monday (5/13). The test will be on Friday (5/17). Please let me know if your child’s sort isn’t finding its way home.During writing, we will work on adding dialogue to our stories. Also, will discuss the way our favorite authors write and think about how we can be more like them. Finally, we will try to stretch ourselves by adding more sentences and details to our stories.We will continue our final math unit of the school year. This is Unit 9: Two Digit Addition & Subtraction and Review. This unit will focus on adding and subtracting 2 digit numbers. We will also review past topics such as: measurement, comparing numbers, place value, 3-D shapes, and equal shares.During science, we will continue our mini unit on butterflies. Our caterpillars have formed their chrysalises . Now, will wait for them to emerge.
Big changes are coming to Box Tops. Your days of clipping and counting will soon be over, but you can still help earn money for our school by scanning your shopping receipts through the Box Tops Bonus App. Here is the link for more app information and to grab the version for your device: https://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp Please send in what you already have clipped and you’ll soon see the conversion to digital collection on your favorite products.
- 5/13 Rita's Ice Fundraiser by Coventry Mall from 5-8 (10% of the proceeds will be donated to Makenna’s Memorial)
- 5/14-17 Coin Wars (CLICK HERE for more info)
- 5/15 PTO Meeting/Raising Highly Capable Kids presentation starts at 6pm
- 5/16 NC Art Show 6-8 pm
- 5/21 Assembly (wear NC shirt)
- 5/22 Makenna Fundraiser @ Giovanni's 4-7 pm (CLICK HERE for flyer)
- 5/22 Makenna Fundraiser @ Coventry Parlor 4-9 pm (CLICK HERE for flyer)
- 5/23 @ 9:00 First Grade Zoo Show (parents, grandparents, siblings are welcome)
- 5/24 & 27 No School
- 5/31 Field Day
- 6/6 Half Day
- 6/7 Half Day/Last Day
Click the icon to go to the website for the MAY menu (across the top, you can switch to see breakfast)
Coming Soon: CLICK HERE for a PDF of the MAY lunch menu