Winter Weather Information
2018-19 Winter Weather Information
If we have a weather-related delay, dismissal, or cancellation, we try to make the decision and call as early as possible to allow you the maximum time to make alternate plans for your child. Most of the time, Dr. Lloyd and her team make the decision for school delays and cancellations around 4:45 a.m. Once a decision is made, we immediately launch the on-call system and post it on the District website, District Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as with the local radio/television stations. Below is some helpful scheduling information:
If there is a 2-hour delay due to inclement weather, the Owen J. Roberts School District will operate on the following schedule:
Middle & High School
Schools start at 9:30 a.m.
Schools start at 10:30 a.m.
AM Kindergarten: 10:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. (AM arrives on the bus with pick-up by parents). Students may be dropped off between 10:15 and 10:30 a.m.
Extended Day students are picked up at 12:15 p.m.
PM Kindergarten: 1:05 p.m. – 3:10 p.m. (PM students are dropped off by parents and ride the bus home). Students may be dropped off between 12:55 and 1:05 p.m.
No breakfast is served during 2-hour delays.
The bus will arrive to your regular stop two hours after your normal bus time. For example, if your bus pick-up time is typically 7:00 a.m., your bus would arrive around 9:00 a.m. during a 2-hour delay.
After School Care
After school care with A Child’s Place will remain open as scheduled, unless parents are contacted directly by ACP with closure information.
- Student safety is of utmost importance to us!
- Morning Kindergarten students are permitted to ride the bus home.
- Student drivers are permitted to leave their cars on campus and ride the bus home.
- The District will make every effort to serve lunch before an early dismissal.
- Early dismissal times will vary depending on the forecasted weather conditions.
- For your information, busing takes approximately three hours from the start of dismissal to the end of all routes. This timing is taken into consideration when determining a dismissal time.
In addition to our seven schools within the District, the District is responsible for providing District resident students transportation to 86 private/special education schools.