All the information you need for the happenings in French Creek's Library can be found in our Google Classroom. Just log into your child's google account, go to Google Classroom and enter the code ircoilb. This will get you into the French Creek Library Classroom. Enjoy!
CHARLIE BROWN'S PHILOSOPHY:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Day 1: Wittlinger, Torres, and Kirby/Leahy
Day 2: Scalea, Dugan, March, Palmerio, Smith, and Roland
Day 3: Schmidt, Hengst, LaBarbera, and Saltzer/Stone
Day 4: Yarborough(AM), Jones, Troutman, Yarborough(PM), and Horosky
Day 5: Stone, Hess, Jastrem, and Kerlin
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Implicit Bias Training - MLK Community Learning Event
January 25, 2021
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Legislative & Policy Committee Meeting
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Curriculum & Instruction Committee Meeting