North Coventry Run 101 Mileage Club
This year we are pleased to continue to offer the after school running club called RUN 101. The RUN 101 Mileage Club is an Owen J. Roberts School District fitness incentive program for boys and girls in grades 4-6. The after-school activity will promote a fun, non-competitive introduction to the sport of running as a lifetime exercise. Students will be encouraged to accumulate miles walking, jogging, and/or running. Students will work toward the goal of running or walking a family-oriented, fun, culminating 5K event on November 9th.
The 6-week program starts the week of September 23rd through November 6th and meets on Mondays and Wednesdays. As a culminating event, participants are invited to participate in a Superhero Showdown Run/Walk to benefit the Owen J. Roberts Education Foundation and the Owen J. Roberts Best Buddies Organization on November 9th at Wildcat Stadium, OJRHS.
- RUN 101 will meet after school on Mondays and Wednesdays starting September 23 through November 6. The dates are September 23, 25, October 2, 7, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30, November 4 and 6, 2019.
- Students should wear comfortable clothing and sneakers.
- Please pick up your child by 4:15 PM. Enter through the cafeteria side and sign out your child on the sign out sheet. Students will only be released to the assigned person(s) below.
- Information regarding the Superhero Showdown Run/Walk and race fees may be found at https://ojrrun101.weebly.com
- There is a limit of 30 students. We will create our roster on a first come, first “run” basis. However, anyone is able to sign up for the Superhero Showdown Run. Confirmation letters will be emailed once the team has been established.
Run 101 Coaches
Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Zehren