Title I is a federally funded supplemental education program that provides financial assistance to local educational agencies to improve educational opportunities for our students. Title I programs are designed to help children meet the state content and performance standards in reading, language arts, and mathematics.
In 2017 North Coventry received the federal reward of "high progress." Identifying the school as being among the top 5% Title I schools in the state for student progress.
Mrs. Rachel Lemuell- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Joyce DeVol – email@example.com
Reading Specialists:Mr. Brett Galambos- firstname.lastname@example.orgMs. Carey Little – email@example.comMrs. Sarah Thompson - firstname.lastname@example.orgMrs. Carly Youngblood - email@example.comParent Meetings
Math and Reading Parent Meeting – fall
What is Title I ?
Assessments and Screening used to determine
Parent Compact – How can the school and I work
as partners to support my child?
Tips and Suggestions for supporting math and
North Coventry Elementary School Home-School Compact
The Owen J. Roberts District Community believes in “inspiring each student for success today and greatness tomorrow.” In order to achieve this mission, a strong home-school connection must be created and fostered for a lifetime. To ensure positive learning outcomes for all students, the following will be required:
· Provide researched-based curriculum and best practice for instruction in a supportive environment that enables the participating children to meet the States academic achievement standards
· Provide opportunities for family involvement and volunteering
· Provide opportunities for parent/guardian training and support
· Communicate regarding student’s academic growth at a minimum of 3 times per year
· Provide communication regarding the professional providing instruction
· Provide the environment and opportunities for students to reinforce/practice concepts being taught at school
· Stay informed regarding your child’s school policies and activities
· Serve at and attend school events, to the extent possible
· Demonstrate personal responsibility for his/her own learning and academic growth
· Record homework in planner and bring materials needed home
Updated annually the fall Title 1 Parent MeetingParent Resources
PA Department of Education: Title I Resources for Parents http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/title_i/7382
Ed.gov – U.S.Department of Education