North Coventry Run 101
North Coventry Elementary
After school on Tuesday/Thursday; Pick up promptly at 4:15 PM
RUN 101 is an Owen J. Roberts School District fitness incentive program for boys and girls in grades 4-6. The program will be led by OJR staff Team Leaders. This after-school activity will promote a fun, non-competitive introduction to the sport of running as lifetime exercise. Students will be encouraged to accumulate miles walking, jogging, and/or running. Students will work toward the goal of running or walking a family-oriented, fun, culminating 5K event on November 6.
The 6-week program will begin on September 28. The celebratory running event is the RUN 101 OJR STRONG 5K on November 6 at Wildcat Stadium at the High School.
Participating students who wish to take part in the 5K will be expected to pre-register. Early registration guarantees a shirt! The fee for student registration for the 5K is $20—register early! Students are highly encouraged to have a registered running buddy as well. Fees offset the cost of the program with extra proceeds benefiting Owen J. Roberts Best Buddies.
We are able to offer this activity for students through OJR Fit for Life with a generous grant from the Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation.
- RUN 101 will meet after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15- 4:15 PM, September 28-November 2
- September 28, 30
- October 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28
- November 2
- Students should wear comfortable clothing and sneakers.
- Please pick up your child by 4:15 PM. Enter through the cafeteria side and sign out your child on the sign out sheet. Students will only be released to the assigned person.
- Information regarding the OJR Strong Run/Walk and race fees may be found at https://ojrrun101.weebly.com/event-info.html
- There is a limit of 30 students. We will create our roster on a first come, first “run” basis. However, anyone is able to sign up for the Strong 5K Run.
If your child is interested in participating, please register online by Thursday, September 23rd at https://www.schoolpay.com/
Best Buddies enhances the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for one-to-one friendships and integrated employment.
Owen J. Roberts High School is fortunate to be one of the over 1,200 Best Buddies chapters in Colleges and High Schools throughout all 50 states and 22 countries. While participants find part of life’s fulfillment in friendship, the Best Buddies pairs are also examples to their communities of acceptance and support for people with intellectual disabilities.