There are two ways some taxpayers in the Owen J. School District can benefit from tax relief.
- Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program
The existing Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program has been in effect since 1971 and is funded by state lottery and slot machine proceeds. The income limit is $35,000 a year for homeowners and $15,000 annually for renters. In addition, half of Social Security income is excluded. The maximum standard rebate is $650.
- Owen J. Roberts School District's Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program
At the September 20, 2021 School Board meeting, the Owen J. Roberts Board of School Directors approved the Senior Citizens Property Tax and Rent Rebate Program that will provide an additional discount of up to $195 for homeowners and renters. Owen J. Roberts School District homeowners and renters must qualify for the state rebate program to qualify for the District rebate program. To view the the OJR School Board Senior Tax Rebate Program Resolution, click here.
To qualify for the discounts, applicants must be:
- homeowners with a household income of no more than $35,000 annually (half of Social Security income is excluded); OR
- renters with a yearly household income of no more than $15,000 (half of Social Security income is excluded);
- be 65 years of age or older; OR
- be a widow and widower aged 50 years of age or older; OR
- be permanently disabled and 18 years of age or older.
How to apply for both Property Tax/Rent Rebate Programs
- Prepare Form PA-1000, Property Tax or Rent Rebate Claim. (Click here to go to the PA Department of Revenue website for more information and to download the form.)
You will need Owen J. Roberts School District Code = 15660 and Chester County Code = 80.
Submit the completed form with copies of your receipted/paid property tax bill(s) and all proof of income to the PA Department of Revenue by mailing to the following address:
PA Department of Revenue
Harrisburg, PA 17128-0503
- Send a duplicate copy of the PA-1000 and all supporting documentation to the Owen J. Roberts School District Business Office at the following address:
Owen J. Roberts School District
c/o Business Office
901 Ridge Road
Pottstown, PA 19465
- When you receive the State Rebate, submit proof of the deposit by providing a copy of the check or an official bank statement reflecting your deposit amount to the Owen J. Roberts School District Business Office.The deposit will most likely be received after July 1.
- Once all of the required information is received and verified, the Owen J. School District will produce a rebate check in the amount equal to 30% of the State Rebate amount and mail the check to the address on the form PA-1000.
For more information
For the Pennsylvania Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program, follow the links below or visit or call your local legislator.