Issuance of Working Papers

  • Procedure for Issuance of Working Papers

    Please note that temporarily due to Governor Wolf's "Stay at Home" Order, we will process working papers electronically.  Please contact Stephanie Haring, HS Secretary at to issue a request for a permit.  
    Under Child Labor Law, all minors ages 14 through 17 require a work permit.  The child must be a resident of Owen J. Roberts School District and must work in the state of Pennsylvania. Students or parents may pick up an Application for Work Permit at the high school's main office during the regular school year or download here - Application for Work Permit.  Students must bring the application signed by parent/guardian along with the acceptable proof of age (such as birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, driver's license) to the high school office to obtain the work permit. The work permit will certify that the holder personally appeared before the issuing officer, that all papers required by law have been examined and approved, and all requirements for issuance have been fulfilled. The work permit must be signed by the holder in the presence of the issuing officer.