What Every Parent Should Know About Business EducationWhat Every Parent Should Know.pdf 211.40 KB (Last Modified Today at 8:00 AM)
What is DECA? DECA, a national association of marketing education students, provides teachers and members with educational and leadership development activities to merge with the education classroom instructional program. DECA chapters attract students who are interested in preparing for entrepreneurial, marketing or management careers. Working hand-in-hand with the education and business communities, DECA's goal is for its student members to develop a "career success kit" to carry into their business and personal lives after graduation. More information about DECA can be found at http://www.deca.org and http://padeca.org
THINKING ABOUT BUSINESS EDUCATION CLASSES FOR NEXT YEAR???
The Business Department offers many half-year courses that can easily fit into a student’s schedule.
· Student’s gain an understanding as to how corporate financial decisions are made through the Accounting I and II courses, which are a valuable first step for any business career.
· Advertising provides a hands-on approach for students to produce a variety of advertising projects.
· Students interested in law will learn how it impacts commerce in the Business Law course.
DECA members interested in getting a competitive edge in the written events can sign up for HYBRID - DECA/BUSINESS WRITING, which meets once a week.
Or take advantage of a dual enrollment opportunity in a computer applications course... Financial Decision Making.
Full year courses are also offered in Business Education.
· A great introductory course for all students, Business Dynamics introduces all areas of the business world.
· Students will gain and develop effective management skills through the Entrepeneurship course.
· Sports Marketing incorporates the planning, implementing, and controlling of the marketing activities for the business side of sports.