HS Starts Integrity Crew
A program called Integrity Crew is off to a great start at the high school this year. In October, 20 outstanding students who exemplify the ethics and good morale of Owen J. Roberts High School were recognized. Teachers and staff are able to nominate a student who has been observed utilizing one of five basis traits of good citizenship each month. There is no limit to the number of recognitions. The traits being recognized, as described at educationworld.com, are:
- Honesty: the basic theme of good citizenship. A person must be honest with others, and with himself or herself, in order to be a good citizen.
- Compassion: the emotion of caring for people and for other living things.
- Respect: caring for one’s self, others, and/or a set of rules.
- Out of honesty, compassion, and respect comes Responsibility, which includes both private, personal responsibility and public responsibility. Responsibility is about action, and it includes much of what people think of as good citizenship. One of the main responsibilities of students is to learn. They must educate themselves so that they can live up to their full potential.
- Courage: the ability to do the right thing even when it may be unpopular, difficult, or dangerous.