- Owen J. Roberts High School
Canvas & Chromebooks
All students are required to pay a $25 annual Chromebook fee on on School Pay If you are not seeing your student's name please watch this video for steps to add them to your account. The deadline for payment is September 18, 2020. If this fee is a financial burden, please contact the Owen J. Roberts High School office.
Students with broken/damaged Chromebooks should contact Ben Condello in Technology (email@example.com)
We encourage freshmen and new students to review the links below before school starts. A more thorough, module-based Canvas and Chromebook orientation will be a required assignment for all 9th grade English courses.
Any student that borrowed a district Chromebook in the spring must return that Chromebook and charger to receive the new Chromebook. They will exchange it when they pick the new one.
Students aren't required to get a school-issued Chromebooks but they are highly recommended for the following reasons:
- All school software is configured to work with our Chromebooks.
- Our Technology Department can assist a student if there are any issues, hardware or software related, on school-issued Chromebooks. If there is an issue with this on a student’s laptop (or any other problem) our Technology Department cannot help the student.
- Most laptops are larger than the Chromebooks, so they are more portable when walking around school/fitting in a backpack.
- There is less financial risk with a Chromebook. Students pay a $25 annual fee, which covers repair and first-time replacement for unintentional damage. Click here for more information about repairs.
- Students cannot print at school directly from their Chromebook, they’d need to log into a desktop in the library to do so.
Students keep their Chromebooks when they graduate from Owen J. Roberts High School.