Millions of individuals and families in the United States are affected by substance abuse and addiction in any given year. Recovering from addiction is not an easy or short journey.
In recent decades, substance abuse experts have identified holistic therapies, such as yoga and mindfulness practice, as beneficial complements within drug and alcohol rehab programs.
Mindfulness practices are utilized by people in all stages of the addiction recovery process as a supportive coping strategy for managing stress, anxiety, depression, and trauma.
Here you’ll find:
- information about mindfulness
- benefits of mindfulness techniques for addiction recovery
- step-by-step guide on practicing mindfulness
- types of mindfulness-based interventions
- how mindfulness is used within addiction treatment programs