COVID-19 has certainly impacted the college admission process. While there are similar trends to the changes in the admissions process, please know that you must research each of your individual colleges to determine those unique changes.
Some common trends include...
• ...virtual visits and meetings with admission representatives (check out some virtual college fairs here too!)
• ...becoming test-optional (check out a compiled list here)
• ...increased focus on student work (ie. Sample of writing, art pieces or music)
• ...consideration of individual family circumstances as a result of COVID-19 (ie. Employment)
• ...heavier weight in other application components (ie. Letters of recommendation, college essay, leadership and outreach, etc.)
• ...shift in AP/IB score interpretation – some colleges may require additional placement testing
• National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC):
• The Common Application: Coronavirus Support
• How Do Colleges Compare Applicants Who Submit Test Scores With Those Who Don't?
• How to Get the Most Out of Virtual College Tours
• General COVID-19 Resources
• College Essay Guy: How to Write About Coronavirus in Your College Essay & Application
• Apps 101: The COVID-19 Section (Tulane University)